Hotlines Local, State & National
There are many free and confidential services available to teens.
Teens can turn to many services for information about sex and relationships, and for factual information to help you make healthy choices for yourself. Often teens turn to their parents for information and support but sometimes that option isn't available. The helpful links below offer free and confidential services. Help is available to you - You are not alone.
Hotlines Montgomery County
- Crisis Center Help Line 240-777-4000 (Provides immediate responses to crisis situations for all residents of Montgomery County.)
- Montgomery County Hotline 301-738-2255 (Provides confidential and anonymous support by trained counselors through a 24-hour telephone active listening and referral service for Montgomery County.)
- Victim Assistance & Sexual Assault Hotline 240-777-4357 (Provides 24-hour counseling, information and referral for persons who are a victim of crime, including rape or sexual assault in Montgomery County.)
- Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting 240-777-4417 (Report child abuse and neglect to ensure the safety of children; 24-hour service.)
- Partner Abuse Crisis Line 240-777-4673 (Provides 24-hour assistance for victims of mate-related physical abuse, including shelter and counseling services.)
- Youth Crisis Hotline 301-738-9697 (Provides confidential and anonymous support by trained counselors for Montgomery County youth through a 24-hour telephone active listening and referral service.)
- Operation Runaway Hotline 1-800-204-8600 (Provides Montgomery County 24-hour telephone crisis intervention and brief counseling for youth on the run or youth considering running away; consultation for concerned parents or community members.)
Information & Referral
- Montgomery Co. Information and Referral 311
- Montgomery County Website www.montgomerycountymd.gov
- MontgomeryCountydatabase www.infomontgomery.org
- Child Support Enforcement 800-332-63347
- ChildLink 240-777-4769
- Child Passenger Safety 240-777-2222
- Children’s Health Program 1-800-456-8900
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children) in Montgomery County 301-762-9426 or mdwic.org
Hotlines - State & National
- Maryland Youth Crisis Line 1-800-422-0009
- Family Stress Line 1-800-243-7337 (Provides 24-hour family crisis hotline support, staffed by trained volunteers who offer consultation regarding parent stress management and child behavior management.)
- National Runaway Hotline 1-800-621-4000 (Offers 24-hour national hotline service for parents and youth including crisis intervention, message service, educational information, referrals, and runaway searches.)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK(7255) (Provides 24-hour, toll-free suicide prevention service available to anyone in suicidal crisis.)
- Planned Parenthood 1-800-230-PLAN
- It’s Your Sex Life 1-888-BE-SAFE-1
- STD Info Line 1-800-227-8922
- Emergency Contraception Hotline 1-888-668-2528
- National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-422-4453
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline 1-866-331-9474
- National Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) (Confidential counseling and support for rape, abuse, and sexual assault victims)
- National AIDS/Sexually-Transmitted Disease Hotline 1-800-342-2437 (English) 1-800-227-8922 (English/Spanish) 1-800-344-7432 (Spanish)
- Adoptions Together 301-439-2900
- Birthright 301-946-3339
- Center for Adoption Support and Education (CASE) 301-476-8525
- Centro Tepeyac 301-587-9516
- Gabriel Project 301-946-4815
- National Hispanic Prenatal Helpline (Spanish) 800-504-7081
- Rockville Pregnancy Center 301-770-4444
- Shady Grove Pregnancy Center 301-963-6223
Family Planning Info & Services
- Montgomery County Regional Health Centers: Germantown 240-777-3380; Silver Spring 240-777-3160
- Emergency Contraception Hotline 1-800-584-9911
- Natural Family Planning Center 301-897-9323
- Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington: Gaithersburg 301-208-1300
- STD/HIV/AIDS 240-777-1760
- Services include diagnostic testing, exams and treatment of STDs and epidemiological follow up. Free, anonymous and confidential HIV testing is also offered. All persons tested for HIV receive pre- and post-test counseling.
- Eligibility Requirements: STD testing offered to MontgomeryCounty residents only. HIV testing is offered to County residents and non-residents alike.
- Delivery Site: Dennis Avenue Health Center, 2000 Dennis Ave., Silver Spring, MD 20902
- CCI, Offices in Silver Spring and Gaithersburg. Provides confidential, bilingual services to people ages 12-35, including routine gynecological care, birth control counseling and dispensing, testing and counseling for sexually transmitted infections, and pregnancy testing and counseling.
- DHHS, Immunization Vaccine Administration 240-777-1050
- The program integrates services with staff at area health centers and school health clinics to deliver walk-in immunizations to children, from birth to age eighteen, and eligible adults, according to federal and state regulations and the "Vaccine for Children" criteria.
- Eligibility Requirements: Requirements vary for immunizations.
- Dennis Avenue Health Center, 2000 Dennis Ave., Silver Spring, MD 20902
- Germantown Health Center, 12900 Middlebrook Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20874
- Silver Spring Health Center, 8630 Fenton Street, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- School Health Services Center, 4910 Macon Road, Rockville, MD 20853